Friday, July 4, 2008

Cleansing Detox

R. E. of Ontario, Canada asks: “I checked out your blog that Melissa forward to me, and I love it, I really like your writings and I can see you have a real passion for healthy living in all aspects. Very inspiring. I have a question for you. I have been thinking about doing a body cleanse. Since the new year, I have been trying to weed out unhealthy habits and foods from our lifestyle and replace them with healthier options. To better the effects of the healthier foods, I want to cleanse my body out. I was just going to go to the health food store and buy a prepared body cleansing kit. Do you have any suggestions as to the best way to do a body cleanse and what I should use? “

Anyone serious about their health, and especially while detoxifying should invest in a juicer. What you want to do is not only cleanse, but nourish the body. You can begin a detox without any herbal formulas, just by diet alone, but with herbs, they bring a more thorough detox, while strengthening, toning, rebuilding and healing the organs specific to the herbal formula which you are targeting. Since I studied under the teachings of Dr. Christopher, we formulate a gentle cleanse based on his herbal detox. Always we cleanse the colon first so the toxins in the body have a way to be eliminated. Added to this is the liver-gall bladder, kidney and finally cleansing the blood stream. If you began to detox the later without first cleansing the colon, you would really make yourself sick, autointoxicating yourself. This is begun by a three day juice and distilled water fast, adding only fresh fruits & veggies (organic preferably), whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. No animal proteins, white flour, sugar, or processed foods.
In just 5 days you can really see and feel a difference! I tell my clients to continue on for 4 weeks…6 weeks is ideal. By the end of this time, you will have more energy than you have ever remembered experiencing, sleep sounder and wake refreshed, body odor will have all but disappeared, acne, skin, hair will all see a remarked improvement as well as clear thinking, a great joy and well being will permeate your life, not to mention that a high 80-90 percent of all my clients had varying symptoms eliminated while on the detox, therefore eliminating the need for more indepth herbal treatment. No more headaches, sinus congestion, digestion discomfort, aches and pains. Weight is equalized, those who need to drop the pounds will do so, those who are trying to gain will also do so. As incredulous as this sounds, what they are doing is nourishing a malnourished body, and it will begin repairing and rebuilding.

So, I would look for something that cleanses out the colon first and then anything that would also cleanse the organs mentioned. But please note the importance of diet during a detox. It’s not like popping prescription drugs and living “normal”, if you don’t change the way you are eating, you are missing the “nourishing” part.

Health and blessings as you detox!

1 comment:

Markissaearle said...

I just have to say that this was awesome! I really enjoyed reading your article and it provided great encouragment for my own eating and living right! Thank you once again!