Thursday, July 3, 2008

Protocol For Digestive Health


These past three weeks I have used myself as my own case study, working on a protocol for digestive health.
As a foundation I have taken probiotics first thing in the morning and last thing at night, both on an empty stomach. Thus supplying my colon and small intestine with friendly bacteria to help boost my immune system while they form a protective barier on the walls of the small intestine and colon, making it hard for pathogenic bateria to take root and multiply.
With meals I take digestive enzymes and HCI (hydrocholoric acid). Personally and professionally, I have seen with digestive difficulties that the cause isn't due to too much stomach acid, but a lack thereof. And without a steady diet of raw fruits and vegetables, our society is enzymed deprived. So with anything cooked, I take a digestive enzyme.
I have also with this case study taken the advice of Maureen Salaman, in her book How to Renew You, in which she sites research done by a biochemist from Milan by the name of Marc R. Rossellini"The number one epidemic and killer is chronic inflammation/autoimmunity (CIA)-the process the body uses to defend itself from harm." Chronic inflammation-swelling that causes pain-can be treated with enzymes. She takes a large amount of enteric coated enzymes before bed to help reduce inflammation which alays any pain in her body, helps with eye puffiness and helps reduce wrinkles!
The other digestive culprits I have been aiming at are candida yeast overpopulation and a possibility of a gluten sensitivity, which I will do an article about in the coming days.

No comments: